What makes a good blog post? That’s a good question and it really depends on the type of blog that you have. But we offer these pointers for your commercial blog:
- First, don’t trash the competition
- Secondly, if you do talk about the competition, be objective. You don’t have to be glowing and you don’t have to tear them down. Just be honest but be honest about yourself as well.
- Have a link policy. The popular opinion on the blogosphere is to be “linky.” We only partiallly agree. In some industries, promiscuous linking is fine. But it isn’t the best approach for everyone.
- There are plenty of third-party sources to quote. Use them.
- Use keywords. A lot. They’ll help you rank at the search engines.
- Link to your own sites profusely. Hey, it’s link popularity.
- Don’t be boring. Why would anyone read a boring blog? Keep it interesting. For your own sake.